We just simulated Super Bowl XLVIII using Football Mogul 2014. We just played the game once, (instead of simulating the entire season 100 times, like we did back in September).
Seahawks win 23-13!
1. Marshawn Lynch is the Player Of The Game, rushing for 135 yards in 26 attempts (5.2 yards per rush), and scoring both Seattle touchdowns.
2. The Seattle defense holds Knowshon Moreno to 31 yards in 10 rushing attempts.
3. Peyton Manning struggles against the Seattle secondary, putting up mediocre numbers. He has 24 completions in 39 attempt for 270 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception.
4. In the middle of the first quarter, Seattle's punt team pins the Broncos inside their own 10 and the Seahawk defense forces a 3-and-out.
5. Starting their next drive at their own 47, Russell Wilson completes two passes to Golden Tate and rushes for 5 yards. This isn't enough for a touchdown, but it gets Hauschka within field goal range to put the Seahawks up 3-0.
6. Richard Sherman picks off Peyton Manning in the 2nd quarter (on a pass attempt to Demaryius Thomas).
7. The Seahawks capitalize on the interception, as Lynch goes "beast mode" with a 48-yard touchdown run (Seahawks lead 10-0).
8. After forcing the Broncos to punt in the next possession, Seattle marches down the field and goes up 17-0 with a 2-yard pass from Wilson to Lynch.
9. Denver finally gets on the scoreboard (via a Matt Prater field goal) with 5 seconds left in the first half.
10. Percy Harvin starts the 3rd quarter with a 68-yard kickoff return! The Broncos defense holds, but Hauschka kicks another field goal to put the Seahawks up 20-3.
11. Peyton responds by marching his team down the field, capped off by a 7-yard TD pass to Demaryius Thomas. Broncos pull within two scores. (Seahawks lead 20-10).
12. In their next possession, Seattle holds the ball for more than 7 minutes as Marshawn Lynch racks up more rushing yards. Hauschka kicks the field goal to put the Seahawks up 23-13.
13. Peyton's last chance comes with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter. He has brought his team down to Seattle's 3-yard line, but the Seahawks secondary stops consecutive pass plays on both 3rd down and 4th down.
14. Seattle takes over on downs and runs out the clock.
Here's the box score: http://www.sportsmogul.com/football/Super-Bowl-48-Box.htm
And the play-by-play: http://www.sportsmogul.com/football/Super-Bowl-48-Recap.htm
P.S. You can get a download copy of Football Mogul 2014 if you pledge just $5 to Masters of the Gridiron on Kickstarter.