|Contract Lengths for Major League Baseball Players (n = 516)|
Saturday, June 23, 2012
We've been going through contract and salary data, in order to improve the artificial intelligence in Baseball Mogul 2013 and future versions.
We examined the 516 players on Major League 40-Man Rosters (as of opening day) that had reached either arbitration or free agency. The first fact worth noting is that the vast majority (84%) of all player contracts are between 1 and 3 years. The longer deals get all the headlines, but the shorter deals dominate team rosters.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
|Baseball Mogul 2013 in a 640x480 window|
Some facts to take away:
- "1024 x 768" is no longer the most common screen resolution.
- About 96% of Windows machines have a width of 1024 pixels or more.
- About 75% of Windows machines have a width of 1200 pixels or more.
- About 65% of screens are now "widescreen". That is, they have an aspect ratio closer to the new High Definition format (16:9) than the old Low Definition format (4:3).
- A significant share of monitors (probably 3-5%) are being used vertically.
And here's the operating system breakdown (among Windows machines):
|Windows 7||Windows Vista||Windows XP|